trshtwns01 (trshtwns01) wrote,

Do you so solemnly swear...

How FRICKIN boring. I had jury duty today, and it was interesting on one hand and enough to bore me to tears on the other. It was basically an eviction case on a house here in Plano. Being a civil case, it was very different from what trials are hyped up to be on TV. There were only 6 of us, and the trial only took a few hours. I think I was only there from about 12:30 until 5:30. Out of a pool of 21, I was one of the lucky 6. Joy. We hear opening statements, listened to testimony (which consisted of the guy they have been trying to evict from his house, and the lawyer for the plaintiffs (a bank) asking HIMSELF questions. He actually took the stand. We got all of the documents, and deliberated for about an hour. At first, there were 2 of the 6 who did not feel he should be evicted. After getting a bit more in depth about exactly what we were supposed to be deciding and boiling it down to two main questions, we unanimously agreed that the eviction should stand and he should vacate. After we were released by the judge from our silence order, the defendent and his lawyer were waiting outside of the jury area to talk to us about our thoughts on why we decided the way we did.

All in all, an interesting day - but like I said, not that exciting.

Did you know that in all of law, the only thing that can only be guilty or not guilty is forcible entry and detainer (basically, an eviction like what we were trying today)? No? Me either. Nor our judge, the Honorable JERRY LEWIS, until the bar.

Except for when I was in the courtroom or jury room, I kept texting back and forth with Scott. Although Michael had been getting progressively better, he seemed to take a step backwards yesterday. They told me in 2-3 days he would be 'back to normal', although a bit red and tender, but he isn't. Last night, after spending a whole day going to the bathroom by himself without any issues, he started screaming when he went and was inconsolable for a while afterwards. He did it again this morning, so we OF COURSE didn't send him to school and immediately called the doctor. After much back and forth, they gave us a prescription for a new pain killer, which has to be compounded so he won't get it until midday tomorrow. This new one, I don't know what it is, is supposed to kill pain, but also numbs the urethra when he passes it through his urine. The doctor doesn't think it is an infection, which is what we were worried about, but rather just soreness that he is more aware of now than he was the day after the surgery. Umm, whatever, but if he is still like this after 24 hours on your new medicine, you damn well better see him.

It's my boy's penis, ya know? It's going to be increasingly important to him as life goes on. We would like it to be as perfect as possible. *laugh*
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.