- Spent Friday evening over at a friend's house playing cards. It was a lot of fun! It turned out to be a card-playing weekend. Friday, we just played Golf and drank.
- Saturday, I took the boys to go swimming at a friend's house and they ended up spending the night. More cards! Golf and Spades. I felt like an old fuddy-duddy but I had a great time. When I came home around 11:30 pm, Scott was hiding behind the corner in the kitchen ready to scare the kids. *laugh* NO KIDS!!!!! It was nice to sleep in the next day.
- Last night was my first meeting as a room parent. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun to be this involved in the boys' school activities.
- This morning I actually got a CALL BACK on my resume! A REAL CALL, not one of those 'Hey, we're an executive recruiting firm and we think we could help you'! I applied at Hotels.com for a position strangely similar to the one I had at Sun. I think it would be a lot of fun. My first phone interview is set for tomorrow morning. YAY!
- I also talked to my consultant at Right Management, the company Sun pays to help us get back on our feet and find a job. Turns out we have a mutual friend who lives in Florida! How small is this world? She gave me some great information about handling interviews around health issues, disability, and getting things rolling on my home business.
- Tonight is the Gail Pittman gathering at the McKinney Country Club. I think her pieces are just GORGEOUS and I will be taking a few to be signed. If I could get half the following she has for her painting, I would consider it a blessing.
- For those of you that live here, realize I'm probably going to bug you about Southern Living at Home parties for a little while. Bear with me while I expand out of my little circle into a second layer of contacts. suewin - would you be willing to have a party at your place and invite people you work with or other friends if I helped you do everything? You would get cool things free! :) What about you, misskerri?
- I finished one of the fan blades for my friend's daughter's room and it turned out looking WAY better than I thought it would. I've also gotten started on a raised feeding station for dogs. I'll post pics as more things get done. I'm going to try to build a light box to take better photos of pieces, so things look more professional. I also picked up a lot of the local kids/home/pets freebie magazines from the area to look at different ways to advertise and different shops I can talk to about displaying my work.
It's been a good week!