- We moved to the new Dojo for our martial arts. It is an IMPRESSIVE place and I love being a part of it. I've been putting in sweat equity. Since I have no job, I have been working my ass off (what's there in the first place) by doing odd jobs for the school. I have painted a border mural in the kids' area, filled and sanded nailholes, painted and varnished the mat frame, varnished the kitchen cabinets, and made signs for the student entrance and the instructor area. I'm doing all of this to cut down on our martial arts costs.
- I made my third red stripe testing last week, so in about two months (hopefully) I will test for my red belt. After red belt comes brown, then after that you are a black belt candidate. Can you BELIEVE THAT????? The boys had a bad month and we gave them a final say on TKD: Either shape up in the next four weeks and learn your forms or you will be taken out of TKD. The instructors have to sign off that they are making significant improvement in order to stay. I'm not paying (or working) for them to just goof off and not even be able to show them a form they have known for two years now.
- I got my new passport and from September 17 - 21, I will be sunning myself on the beach in Aruba. I get to fly first and business class from here to Miami and then to Aruba. WHEEEE! I can't wait!
- I got all of the stuff I won in the Mt. Dew / Amp Energy contest. That will be a post of its own.
- Michael and Matthew LOVE second grade so far. Matthew is doing great in class without Michael and thinks this is going to be the best school year ever. I offered to be a room parent, and ended up getting assigned to Michael's class. They both seemed to understand that the school picked, not me, and that next year I would sign up for Matthew's class.
- I have decided to give corporate America the finger (while still searching for a corporate American job *laugh*). That will be a post of its own as well. I've gotten back into art and design, and I'm actually thinking about staying here.
- Probably the best thing (ok, just short of Aruba) is what happened today. I was brushing one of the dogs in the entryway and heard a *THUMP* at the front door. No doorbell, just a thump. When I looked outside, the mailman had dropped a box on our step. A package of Hawaiian goods from GS! It's a shame that box of macadamia nuts is so close to empty. Wonder how that happened? *ahem*. There is a cute surfing Santa ornament, a fridge magnet to go with my collection and the COOLEST THING!!!! -> Del Sol nail polish!!!! I think I remember us talking about this when we were in Florida. I liked our Del Sol t-shirts so much, since they spring into great colors when you go into the sun, and GS mentioned there is nail polish that does the same. I now have pink polish that turns purple in the sun, and lavender that turns pink! A blend of pink and purple - how very symbolic of our relationship!
Ok, on to the photo posts!