The past couple of days have been fairly productive. Here is just a sample of what I've done:
- Got mom COMPLETELY out of the old apartment, got it inspected and cleaned, and turned in everything so she is only in her new assisted living apartment.
- Sent off the paperwork to cash out her life insurance
- Got myself on as a signer on her bank account, got new checks with both our names and my address on them
- Took the roof off of the gazebo and started on a tarp cover for it that will hopefully hold up to our North Texas winds better than the thin crap that comes with it. It won't look quite as classy (being held on there by somewhat matching brown duct tape) but it has to be better than shredded cloth. Tomorrow, I'll have Scott help me put it back on so I can finish the edges.
- Got together three bags of clothes and shoes to donate to Goodwill, and two bags of trash.
- Reorganized our drawers and closets
- Cleaned the downstairs (counters, dishes, laundry, mopping, vacuuming, etc.)
- Played with water guns in the backyard with the boys
- Blew bubbles in the backyard with the boys
- SHOWERED (believe me when I say this is an ACCOMPLISHMENT!)
- Colored my hair
Now, I can't wait to go to the They Might Be Giants concert on Tuesday with oddharmonic and a couple of her friends. I've never been to the House of Blues here, and have always seen TMBG at the Gypsy Tea Room, which is sadly no longer an option.
BTW - I'll only be bringing a cane (leopard print, of course), but we can park in the handicap parking with my hangtag.
Back to my drink, popcorn, and TV.
Oh! I also got a copy of my absolute FAVORITE animated show of all times - The Animaniacs episode 'Les Animals', where they do versions of all of the Les Miserables songs. LOVE IT! Can't wait to watch it with the kids, who will have NO frame of reference.