Today I went to get the results from the bloodwork done after the clots in my lungs. I told Scott to pray for everything to be negative, but that went unanswered.
I just can't get a fucking break, can I?
It isn't just one thing, either. Here is why I have had three clots:
- Anticardiolipin was low-med positive
- Lupus Anticoagulant reflex was very high on the PTT-LA and medium high on the PTT-LA.
Also very high on dRVVT and somewhat high on the dRVVVT Mix
(This does not mean lupus. It is just something that was early on associated with
lupus and the name stuck)
- I also have an A1298C mutation in the MTHFR gene, with elevated levels of
What does this mean for me?
- I now have to take folic acid, B6 and B12 toi lower homocysteine levels
in my blood
- I will be on blood thinners for the rest of my life. Coumadin for the
next six months, and then we can discuss whether I can move to Plavix
and baby aspirin.
I've got some research to do, for sure