Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

Are you there God? Remember me?

Ok. Just WTF.

Yes, I am alive. Yes, I am surprised. I am now back in Texas.

On Tuesday of last week, I injured my foot doing a kick in Tae Kwon Do. Sprain and hematoma. No biggie. Got off the crutches and was on a cane by the time I had to fly to California on Sunday.

I had meetings all day Monday and Tuesday, but kept off my foot, took frequent breaks, iced it at times.

Tuesday night, a co-worker took me back to the hotel so I could put my foot up. I was laying in bed watcing some TV and had just finished some fruit and yogurt. A little while later, my left side started hurting when I took in a breath. I thought it might be a pulled muscle, so I put heat on it. When that didn't work, I thought it might be gas, so I took some Tums. No help. It just kept getting worse and worse.

I finally had a cab take me down the road to the Stanford Hospital. I got pumped full of morphine, ativan and toradol. They said there was something on my bloodwork that needed for me to get a CT scan. Sure enough, I had two blood clots in my left lung. Pulmonary Embolisms. I got admitted and spent that night and last night in the hospital.

I am now doing twice daily injections of Lovenox (blood thinner) for a week, Warfarin/Coumadin (blood thinner) for up to 6 months. I have Lortab for pain. They released me this afternoon to fly home since I was keeping good oxygen levels without assistance.

I just got home and did my first home injection and took my meds. I'm not supposed to exercise. I'm not able to drink for like 6 months. I have to put off my final breast reconstruction surgery for at least six months.

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow morning and they are supposed to help me figure out where we go from here. They found a couple of other things on the CT scan we need to figure out. A possible aneurism in the artery going to my spleen. A hypodense nodule on my thyroid. Moderate pleural effusion. Oh, and the two blood clots.

What the holy HELL???? I mean, I sprained my foot, go to a meeting and suddenly I'm falling apart???

Anyway, I'm alive and damn glad to be home. I'm hoping to rest this weekend - maybe take the kids over to mom's for a day or so. Scott leaves for a trip on Sunday and will be gone until Friday. Timing sucks, but it's a contract job that he needs.

Now I'm going to lay down and see if I can get some rest. First, I'm going to look up some of these things and figure out what I'm facing.


Nov. 10th, 2007 05:59 pm (UTC)
Damn glad they didn't have to drain anything out of me :)

My husband said basically the same thing - there's a reason they don't usually do full body MRI or CT scans. You find all kinds of things that may or may not be a problem and spend great time and money chasing down nothing. All the while, you worry about something you never would have known about.

Thanks, and drop me a line if you guys decide to do something. I certainly wouldn't refuse ;) It was YUMMY and a lifesaver. It wouldn't have to be much since it would just be for me. Scott will be gone all week and I'll be here alone with the boys. I called the maid service to come in on Monday so I don't have to look at the results of a week of Scott home alone with the boys *laugh* I can pack the kids off to school and then REST. YAY.
Nov. 10th, 2007 08:46 pm (UTC)
Sign me up for a night of dinner as well. I can have Honeybaked Ham drop off a turkey or 1/2 a ham. Just tell me what night it needs to be there.
Nov. 10th, 2007 10:08 pm (UTC)
Any night is fine. Ham sounds yummy (with Thanksgiving coming up). Just check the recall list first *laugh*