Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

Are you there God? Remember me?

Ok. Just WTF.

Yes, I am alive. Yes, I am surprised. I am now back in Texas.

On Tuesday of last week, I injured my foot doing a kick in Tae Kwon Do. Sprain and hematoma. No biggie. Got off the crutches and was on a cane by the time I had to fly to California on Sunday.

I had meetings all day Monday and Tuesday, but kept off my foot, took frequent breaks, iced it at times.

Tuesday night, a co-worker took me back to the hotel so I could put my foot up. I was laying in bed watcing some TV and had just finished some fruit and yogurt. A little while later, my left side started hurting when I took in a breath. I thought it might be a pulled muscle, so I put heat on it. When that didn't work, I thought it might be gas, so I took some Tums. No help. It just kept getting worse and worse.

I finally had a cab take me down the road to the Stanford Hospital. I got pumped full of morphine, ativan and toradol. They said there was something on my bloodwork that needed for me to get a CT scan. Sure enough, I had two blood clots in my left lung. Pulmonary Embolisms. I got admitted and spent that night and last night in the hospital.

I am now doing twice daily injections of Lovenox (blood thinner) for a week, Warfarin/Coumadin (blood thinner) for up to 6 months. I have Lortab for pain. They released me this afternoon to fly home since I was keeping good oxygen levels without assistance.

I just got home and did my first home injection and took my meds. I'm not supposed to exercise. I'm not able to drink for like 6 months. I have to put off my final breast reconstruction surgery for at least six months.

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow morning and they are supposed to help me figure out where we go from here. They found a couple of other things on the CT scan we need to figure out. A possible aneurism in the artery going to my spleen. A hypodense nodule on my thyroid. Moderate pleural effusion. Oh, and the two blood clots.

What the holy HELL???? I mean, I sprained my foot, go to a meeting and suddenly I'm falling apart???

Anyway, I'm alive and damn glad to be home. I'm hoping to rest this weekend - maybe take the kids over to mom's for a day or so. Scott leaves for a trip on Sunday and will be gone until Friday. Timing sucks, but it's a contract job that he needs.

Now I'm going to lay down and see if I can get some rest. First, I'm going to look up some of these things and figure out what I'm facing.


Nov. 9th, 2007 01:30 pm (UTC)
Oh My God, woman!! Do you need me to come out there?
Nov. 9th, 2007 03:41 pm (UTC)
I should know more after seeing my primary physician and the cardiologist this afternoon. If they say I should be fine, then being alone with the boys all of next week won't be a problem. If they say take it easy...that's a whole other animal.
Nov. 9th, 2007 04:24 pm (UTC)
Hey, I'd be offended at the assumption that you don't have any muscles in your stomach! Don't they know you're the Tai Kwan Do queen?

Jeez! The nerve of some people.
Nov. 9th, 2007 04:25 pm (UTC)
Just let me know. I'll do everything in my power to help you out.
Nov. 10th, 2007 04:50 am (UTC)
I would love to have you out here! However, I also want the whole family to come out next month. I don't want to have to choose one or the other :)