?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

Just sick

I think we have to put Mr. Pibb down. I took him to our regular vet because we didn't trust the opinion we were given on what's wrong with him from the SPCA vet. Turns out he has a very low white blood cell count (around 1000), is septasemic, has bilateral pneumonia, and suspected parvo. The heartworm count in his blood is extremely high. We can hospitalize him there for an unknown length of time, with treatment around $100 a day, and if he responds to treatment, he would have a 50/50 shot of living.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The poor baby is so sweet, and it just sucks that this has to happen to him. I've got to go cry now as I pick him up from the vet and go to bitch out the SPCA. They have a $500 cap for treatment during the 14 day period after adoption. They need to treat this baby, give me my money back, do SOMETHING!!!!

I don't want him to suffer through all of this.

Comments

morzsa
Oct. 1st, 2007 07:05 pm (UTC)
I'm so sorry. :-( We just had to put down one of our cats a month ago. She really liked playing with dogs, so if he has to go, an eager cat is awaiting him on the eternal playfields.