- They removed one drain under the right arm. The 'hard skin' was actually where the two drains were. Since there is no tissue there, just loose skin, it felt odd to me. When they removed one of the drains, I could feel it pull across my chest and there was a large clot they had to remove that had formed around it.
- Under my right arm, they removed some of the massive dressings they had put there on Friday. One of the drains wasn't working, so they removed it and replaced it with a new one. They also moved around the other one to try to get better drainage from it.
- I have fluid building up on Lumpy and across the left side of my belly. They may drain it off tomorrow while in the office, but we'll see. They want to do it in conjunction with radiology if at all possible.
- They removed some other post-op dressing, like across Flattie. I should have called it Flabby, because I didn't realize they had just left all of the skin there under the dressing, in anticipation of reconstruction.
- I got the ok to treat my pain as I needed, instead of just limiting myself to 1 every 4 hours. They'll refill me tomorrow. I was in so much pain, but hesitant to take more except for at night so I could sleep. At least this way I'll be more comfortable the rest of the time while I heal.
We did have one awkward moment tonight where I had gone into our bathroom to refix some of my drains. I had my shirt and bra off, so you could see both breasts. Michael ran into the bathroom, and suddenly stopped. He looked very concerned, so I had Scott run talk to him about how mommy has a bad boo-boo, but we know that boo-boos get better. Before long, it will look more like mommy's normal chest did. In the meanwhile, there will be bruising, stitching and lots of funny equipment which are all normal and there to help me heal. I can only imagine what he thinks now.
Gonna go off and eat dinner now, try to relax and read for a while.