In less than 2 hours, I will be wheeled in from the comfort of my bed and put under for a 'short' surgery of just 1-2 hours. I hope. Pray for no complications as they debride out the failed tissue slap and put in the expander. I'm going to have mismatched boobs for most of the year, so I dare ANY of you to say anything. :)
I'm sitting here with my teeth chattering and I can't figure out if it is nerves, really cold in here, lots of pain (just had it work out where all of my pain meds were dosed at once because they all ran out at once). I'm going with a combo of all three. I'm still leaking like a stuck pig on heparin, which makes it fun and games with Trish anytime I have to get up to go to the bathroom. It goes something like this:
- Call the nurse
- While waiting, start moving my bed up into a better position
- Start undoing the leg pressure cuffs
- Stuff a towel between my legs, but under the abdominal incision where the drains are
- Get out of bed
- Unplug the laptop so I can get my IV stand by
- About this time, the nurse shows us, so they flip off the leg cuffs
- *bathroom break. insert appropriate cenematic music and blank screen here*
- I take out all of the packed gauze, the now soaked towel, and the underwear (maternity gauze - the height in fashion).
- Check to see if I will need a new gown, new socks, new bedding, or anything else
- Wash hands at sink
- Wash entire lower body at sink
- Grab second clean towel to make it back over to the bed
- Put on new gauze underwear
- Get settled in bed
- Stuff in new gauze, put fresh towel beside me
- Nurse rehooks pressure cuffs and puts on new socks if needed.
Exhausted yet? I am. It would exhaust me normally, when I'm not recovering from major surgery.
Anyway, we're going to see if the surgeons can get rid of the soaked tape and restitch the drain tubes.
Ok, time to consent and get things moving. Keep me in your thoughts.