- November 16: CT scan of belly at Asten Center to map blood vessels for DIEP reconstruction
- (Out of town November 19 - 28 to visit Scott's family in Indiana for Thanksgiving and Early Christmas)
- November 29: Return to work until December 12 - make sure all paperwork for second half of medical leave is completed
- December 1: Mammogram at Shea Cancer Center
- December 4: Pre-op appointment with plastic surgeon at Asten Center
- December 12: 9 am pre-op testing and bloodwork at Zale Lipshy, 12 pm Lymphoscintigraphy at St. Paul to map lymph nodes
- December 13: 5 am check-in at Zale Lipshy for a 7 am surgery.
SOMEWHERE in there, I need to wrap the kids' gifts, set up the Christmas tree and decorate the house so I will feel more 'Christmas-like' when I get home on December 20th feeling like CRAP. I think I'm just going to set the tree up here in the living room next to the fireplace this year, so I can just lay on the couch and watch the kids open presents. The week before I go in the hospital, I'll have Scott help me move the couch and coffee table back against the wall so the kids have floor space for opening presents and playing.
I might just decorate this one room, and Scott will decorate outside. I won't go full bore like I always do - all of the windows, every room in the house, wrapping and lighting the staircase and all of that jazz.
If you think about it...I really only have about 20 days to get ready for Christmas, and 10 of those I'm supposed to be working during the day. Umm.....EEEEK!