- Scott rented a cell phone in Thailand and I got to talk to him for a while today. It was about 11 pm there, and 10 in the morning for me. I miss him so much, and it was great to hear his voice. I don't think we've ever gone this long without talking to one another. He says the area is wonderful, the people are nice, and the food is GREAT! Outside of the work part, he is enjoying himself.
- I did more backyard work. Scott's not going to know the place when he gets home! I put out the grass seed, put up 30' of the 2' high temporary fence until I couldn't lift the mallet anymore, watered the backyard and the new plantings, scrubbed and rinsed the back patio, and cleaned out our storage bench (full of spiders, dirt, and all manner of stuff after being closed up a year). We no longer have cushions for the chairs, because they were so old they were ripping, and I can't bring myself to buy new ones. They cost like $30 each! But I think I am going to get a new table umbrella before it gets too hot.
- Mom said she really didn't want to go over to Brett and Angela's tonight, so we talked for a while about whether I thought it was a good idea. I finally relented, on the condition that I would call her at dinner to make sure she ate, two hours later to find out what her blood sugar is, remind her to eat a snack and take her medicines. We'll see how it goes with her first time 'alone' since this all started. I think since she has been doing so good, it will work out fine, and it will give me some 'away' time from being a caregiver.
- When I talked to Scott, he let me know that the Thailand military wanted them to stay a few additional days in case anything was needed during implementation. This really bums me out, but Scott did tell them he had to be home by the 3rd since he has a meeting in San Antonio that day. I thought he was coming home next weekend, and now he isn't. :(
- The backyard, because of our horrid drainage, is SOAKED now all around the patio. This means the dogs will be muddy next time I let them out, and the kids can't play outside until tomorrow.
- Scott took my camera to Thailand so I can't take pics of the backyard at the beginning of the planting and renovation.
- Did I mention the muddy mess that is part of my beautiful backyard?