trshtwns01 (trshtwns01) wrote,

I finished two projects!

I'm killing myself with 'Drug and Alcohol Addiction' facts. I can't wait until this test is over. I got half of my practice test right, because I knew what the drugs were, how they functioned and what the effects and risks are. What I did NOT know so well is were the physical reactions (what all of the neurotransmitters are, how the different parts of the brain are affected with specific drugs), and the legal issues (what the different drug acts did - all of them since the late 1800s - and when they were passed).

We're waiting on Rita to arrive. I called what I thought was my hurricane magnet brother-in-law today, because his company had moved him to Houston after he lost everything in Katrina. Turns out he went BACK to New Orleans a few days ago without letting us know. That also means he is responsible for Rita turning to give New Orleans more damage. That's my theory at least. :) It's great that they think the storm will only be tropical storm strength by the time it gets here, but they now say because of the systems above us, it might stall and stay over us for about three days. I PRAY we don't lose power or get tornadoes. That would SUCK! We're bringing my mom over here with a couple of days worth of medicine and clothes, anyway. Filled up the cars last night before the price started going up.

I'm also REALLY EXCITED still about our anniversary tomorrow. I can't wait to give Scott his gifts :)

Anyway, on to the two projects I've recently finished...

We bought the really cheap bunk bed for the boys, but I had an idea for making things more enticing on the bottom bunk. I made it into a tent, like what you see on the really expensive and 'fun' bunk beds. :) I went to Joann Fabric and got a great navy material with small yellow stars and silver sparkles, and sewed the edges. Then I used liquid stitch to add velcro so it would wrap over the boards and work like curtains. Here are the before pics, along with after curtains, both open and closed.

*EDIT* Oh - update on the foot. Went to the doc, it isn't plantar fasciitis, and it isn't a bone spur. His assumption is that I pulled or tore the ligament attached to my heel. He put me on a six-day steroid pack, and pushed the first day in quickly. Today my foot feels fine, just like it is bruised or something if I step directly on the heel. I think we're on the path to healing/heeling :)
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.